AIAr supports the activities of its young unattached researchers who are involved in archaeometric projects with an undisputed value, by granting targeted financial contributions.
Every year AIAr announces prizes dedicated to the memory of its founding member Salvatore Improta, reserved to young researchers who are active and deserving in the field of Archaeometry.
YOUNG PEOPLE HELP DESK, RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Requests for funding will be based on refund of specific expenses incurred (or to incur during the current year) for the execution of a research project, documented with original invoices, and not otherwise financed.
- We will only consider application from members who are up to date with membership fees and are not older than 35 at the expiry of the announcement.
- The deadlines to submit applications are March 31st and September 30th every year.
- The notice of the application outcome will be sent within 15 days from the expiry date for their submission.
- The applications must be sent to the President of AIAr, Prof Carmine Lubritto only via e-mail (email@example.com) and must include:
- Brief résumé of the candidate
- Description of the activity to be carried out or already carried out in the current year (max 2 pages)
- Reason for the request (max 1 page)
- Estimated total cost and funding requested from AIAr
- To obtain funds, successful applicants must produce the original invoices and a report of the activity.
IMPROTA AWARD, RULES AND REGULATIONS 2020
The Associazione Italiana di Archeometria (Italian Society of Archaeometry) announces for the year 2020 a prize of € 1,000 for young researchers who have excelled in the field of Archaeometry.
To participate in the selection process, candidates who are younger than 35 on 31.12.2020 must send to the President of AIAr, within June 30, 2021, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents in pdf format:
- Application form
- Introduction from a referring member of the Association
- Résumé with a list of all publications
- Up to three publications
The prize will be awarded by a committee nominated by the Governing Council of AIAr
PREVIOUS PRIZE WINNERS
- 2003 Simone Porcinai
- 2004 Gianluca Quarta
- 2005 Maria Elena Fedi, Lara Maritan*
- 2006 Erika Ribechini, Novella Grassi
- 2007 Alberta Silvestri, Cristina Chiavari
- 2008 Rossella Arletti, Alessandra Bonazza
- 2009 Elena Basso, Feredico Bernardi
- 2010 Laura Panzeri, Marco Maggi
- 2011 Paola Ricciardi, Erica Aquila
- 2012 Ilaria Degano, Francesca Longo
- 2013 Silvestro Antonio Ruffolo
- 2014 Alessandro Re
- 2015 Andrea Ceglia
- 2016 Francesca Caterina Izzo
- 2017 Michela Ricca
- 2018 Jacopo La Nasa, Natalia Rovella
* Massimo Rossi Award